Friday, February 15, 2013

Day Three Hundred Forty One: I Heart You

I can't believe I have only a few weeks left of this experiment.  If you've been following all along I will admit:  I am slogging through these last few weeks.  It's been a very busy spring for me and I've fallen behind on my blogging.

But I'm still here.  I'm like the tortoise and the hare.  In my life I'm the hare.  On this blog I'm the tortoise.  But like that intrepid little turtle, I will make it to the end.

After my failure with the meringue hearts I had to make something else for my daughter's pre-k class.  I decided on Martha's Brownie Hearts.

After making a batch of brownies, just take a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the hearts:


Finished heart:
 

Adorable, no?  I got about six hearts out of one batch of brownies.  With my clever head for numbers, I quickly realized I would be baking brownies all night long in order to feed a classroom of three-year olds heart-shaped brownies. 

I decided on almost-as-adorable, if much less curvy, brownie squares.



I don't think the three-year olds noticed the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment