Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day Three Hundred Forty Three: Chocolate Fun-due

As a little treat for my kids I made Martha's Chocolate Fondue on Tuesday.  I had not thought of it before, but what could be more fun for kids than dipping fruit into melted chocolate?  That has to rank up there with making your own ice cream sundae.

Fondue is simple enough to do:  just melt chocolate with heavy cream. It turns into a lovely, glossy chocolate-y dip.  I served a few spoonfuls with some dried peaches, strawberries and marshmallows.  The kids were overjoyed at the prospect.


If you try this at home, fair warning:  It took about four minutes for my middle daughter to be completely covered in chocolate....and she's usually a pretty pristine eater.

In addition to nearly ruining a darn cute cardigan, she also managed a pretty impressive chocolate mustache.  She was so covered with chocolate that afterward, I undressed her and hosed her off in the shower.

The kids found the whole chocolate business very entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment