Monday, February 25, 2013

Day Three Hundred Fifty Four: Easy-Peasy* Roasted Halibut

After ingesting entirely too many birthday calories, some healthy eating was in order.  I happened to see Martha's recipe for Roasted Salmon with Butter, which was adapted from one of those How To Cook Everything Cookbooks.  I think the premise of these cookbooks is brilliant. The author told Martha you could use any thick filet or fish steak instead of salmon.  I used halibut.

It's a simply brilliant (or brilliantly simple?) recipe.  Put butter on a rimmed baking sheet in a 475-degree oven until butter melts. (I actually used a little less butter than the recipe suggests.)  Place fish on top of butter, and roast until fish is cooked through, 8 to 12 minutes.  Sprinkle with some herbs if you like.

The fish comes out flakey and moist and delicious.  I served mine with salad greens.


I could almost hear the pounds falling off my hips.

* I am aware that "peasy" is not a word.  It's called poetic license.  

1 comment: