Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day One Hundred Twenty Eight: Rain Drops Keep Fallin' on My Head Corn ChowderCorn Chowder


It's been raining lately.  Raining a lot.  Whenever it rains, I prefer to stay in my pajamas and curl up on the couch with a good book. Maybe have a bowl of soup.  In reality, I usually end up schlepping through the rain with a bad hair day.

It was raining especially hard on Thursday.  Part of my errands that day was to bring my son and his friend to swim lessons.  As I was completing my chauffeur service,  I dashed down the sidewalk to my car with my umbrella. As I paused at the curb to put my son into the car, I was struck in the back of the head by the sprinkler system, which had decided to come on, just at that moment.  So there I was, standing on the sidewalk with an umbrella to keep me dry...completely dripping wet.  

With bad hair.

So when I (finally) made it home, I made Martha's Corn Chowder.  I had a few ears of corn already, and the rest of the ingredients are pantry staples.  The chowder is excellent, although I added some red pepper to spice it up a bit.

At least now I'm warm and dry. But I still have bad hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment