Monday, July 2, 2012

Day One Hundred Fifteen: Corney Salad

Summer is the season for corn.  Not having grown up on a corn farm, I was unaware of this fact until recently. Sweet corn on the cob is just one of those delicious treats I recall eating as a child.  (I also have distinct memories of picking the annoying corn out of my teeth, but I digress.)

I bought some corn on the cob this week and decided to make it as a side for dinner on Friday.  As I was boiling the corn, my daughter (age three) informed me that she didn't want corn "on the stick" as she termed it.  Rather, she wanted it "like at school" meaning she preferred it off the cob.  Hmmm.  I guess my usual "you'll eat it and be happy" philosophy could be broken for the evening. :such a meanie:

I decided to try Martha's Grilled corn salad.  Technically I couldn't grill the corn since it was already in the water when I decided to make the salad...which just goes to show how easy and fast the salad actually was.

After boiling the corn, I cut if off the husk and tossed it with the remaining ingredients...and lots of salt.

Just. Delicious.

Kids were happy to eat the corn "off the stick", but wouldn't touch the green stuff.

And no one had corn stuck in their teeth in the end. :best part of all:

No comments:

Post a Comment