Friday, July 20, 2012

Day One Hundred Thirty Four: Grilled Corpse Salad

My husband is back from his business trip and since I didn't subject him to any seafood earlier in the week, I decided to make Martha's Grilled Seafood Salad.

After feeling like I bought half the seafood in the seafood case, throwing the salad together was ridiculously easy.  It's basically grilled seafood tossed together with a homemade lemon vinaigrette.  Crazy simple.

And crazy good.

My only problem was with the calamari. I love calamari.  I usually eat it battered and fried.   It's delicious. When served fried, however, all the little calamari body parts are camouflaged.  That's not the case when grilled.  Seeing the little octopi corpses in detail was sort of creepy.   (See red octopus body above.)

:shudder:

I did eat it anyway, though.  Scrumptious.

1 comment: