Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day One Hundred Forty Three: Victory Lemon Bars

My husband had a Work Victory today.  This Victory is the sort of thing that one celebrates after work with some champagne or a nice bottle of wine.  But I thought:  why put off the celebration when you can start the fun immediately?   Since I figured his company might frown on him enjoying a cocktail at the office, I made him Martha's Lemon Bars with brown-butter shortbread crust.  I delivered them to his office with coffee and a little note.  :Wife of The Year:


I made enough lemon bars for my husband to share with his colleagues.   They were....well, not to brag, but they were amazing.  :head swells:   I was the proud recipient of several emails gushing about these lemon bars....from several people who allegedly don't like lemon bars.

Just sayin'...I may have a Fan Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment