Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day One Hundred Seventeen: Give Me Some Sugar, Cookie

I tried Sugar Cookies again today, by request.  My kids' request, that is.  I tried Martha's Old-Fashioned Sugar Cookies this time, and let my kids cut out the shapes.  Holy hollandaise sauce, were these cookies good.  I wish I could say the same for the shapes.  Despite refrigerating them before putting them in the oven, they ended up looking like melted butter.

This is a cookie I can be proud of:

:Commencing internal dancing:


Um, this is a duck...whose head has melted into it's back like some sort of deformed zombie-duck:

Clearly, a pteranodon, not a bat:

A burned (but non-burned) duck:

There were also a few burned hearts.  I'm sure there is a clever Valentine's Day card punchline here:

I made about two dozen cookies.  Taking into account the ten or so that I burned, plus the roughly half dozen whose shapes were completely unrecognizable, I ended up with about seven edible, pretty cookies.

I've done worse.

1 comment:

  1. Sugar cookies are the bane of my holiday celebrations. I have yet to find a recipe that produces dough that doesn't melt immediately upon application of the cookie cutters. :goes to a bakery for cute theme shapes instead:

    ReplyDelete