Monday, July 23, 2012

Day One Hundred Thirty Five: Pillow Talk Clip Art

My kids are headed back to school very soon.  My son will start kindergarten and my eldest daughter will start pre-k.  Mission Back to School Prep is in high gear.

Besides buying the usual shoes, uniforms, and backpacks, I also have to gather nap time gear. Specifically, my kids must have a small pillow, pillow case and blanket for nap time.  It is easy enough to furnish the gear, but having it all returned to me is another problem entirely.  See, my son has lost half a dozen pillow cases.  Everything else seems to make it home but those dang pillow cases.  I'm sure it's because they have gone home with another child.  Maybe it was an honest mistake, but the pillow-case thief has never returned the pillowcases either.

But not this year.

I thought about putting some sort of GPS-tracking device on my kids' pillowcases, but that might be overkill.  I decided instead to emblazon my childrens' names across the fabric.  I'm gonna catch that thief red-handed.

So to speak.

I had some iron-on labels left over from another project, so I decided to use Martha's Nautical Clip Art for my son and the adorable Lips Clip Art for my daughter.

Printing and personalizing the clip art was ridiculously easy.  And (unlike last time), since I managed to follow the directions for the iron-on part, they came out perfectly.



I think I'll return the GPS tracking device.

No comments:

Post a Comment