Friday, July 20, 2012

Day One Hundred Thirty Three: Muffins with Mom

My husband has been out of town and so I've been covering breakfast-duty alone.  As you might imagine, it's a little crazy trying to get three kids under six dressed, fed, and out the door in the mornings.  Not counting myself the prima dona.  

My kiddos eat normal stuff for breakfast everyday:  cereal, yogurt, fruit, toast, eggs...but to make it easy on myself, I decided to make blueberry muffins.  That may sound contrary, but it's pretty easy to throw muffins in front of them in the mornings.  They love muffins and muffins don't require any mixing/whisking/ toasting.

Easy. 

I made Martha's Double Blueberry Muffins and I have to admit:  they were darn good.  Really good, in fact.  They were so good that (because the recipe only makes a dozen) my kids ate them all in one day.  Even my little eight-month old daughter ate a whole one herself.  
Operation Muffins with Mom was a success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment