Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day Twenty Two: Window Dressing Your Window Boxes

I love Spring.  I try to enjoy the temperate weather as much as I can before the blistering, miserable heat of Summer arrives.  Spring is when I do all my gardening and planting because Summer is devoted to sitting by the pool sipping on something frosty.

We don't have a ton of space to garden, so a few years ago my hubby bought me these window boxes (Happy Mothers Day!)  Every year I have to get to re-plant them with something different.  Martha gives us lots of tips for successful window boxes and containers. These are the three steps I follow:

Step #1:  Go to the nursery and pick out the plants you think you need.  Buy twice as many.
Step #2:  Cram as many plants as you can into the pot.
Step #3:  Stand back and admire your work.

The resulting window boxes:















So to review:

Lesson #1:
Spring = gardening time
Summer = pool time + frosty beverage

Lesson #2:
Successful Container Garden = cramming twice as many plants as you think will fit into your pot.


Class dismissed.


p.s.
Update:  If you remember my flower arranging attempt, you may be pleased to see that the cherry branches are finally beginning to bloom, and my collection of dead sticks is starting to look more like a collection of dying sticks:



Up close it's not so bad:



If it starts to look anything like Martha's version, I will for sure let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment