Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day Fifteen: Easter Bunny Boxes or Say No to Plastic Eggs!

When I saw these ridiculously adorable Easter Bunny Box favors online, my only question was:  who was going to be The Lucky Recipient?

Little did I know, deciding who would receive these things was going to be the least of my problems.

First, the paper.  So Martha publishes these templates that you can enlarge and copy, then use to make the craft, whatever it may be.  These Bunny Boxes have a template that you must enlarge and print out on 18 x 18 inch card stock.  Easy, right?

Not so much.  Turns out, finding 18 x 18-inch card stock is near impossible, unless you happen to be Richie Rich.

Not being Mr. Rich, I had to improvise and use 11 x 17-inch card stock.  To find colored, 11 x 17-inch card stock, I was forced to drive across town and brave a scary warehouse paper store armed with only my credit card and a weak command of the Spanish language.

At least I got the paper on sale.

Second, enlarging the template and printing it was an exercise in printer logistics.  By the time I figured out how to print the enlarged template, I'm pretty sure I earned a degree in Computer Engineering. Eventually I triumphed:


Then all I had to do was trace, cut, fold and voila!  Ridiculously adorable Bunny Boxes:




My son's school has an Easter egg hunt and party for the kids, so I thought we should give these to the kids in his class.  Plus, there's only eighteen of them, which I figured was a manageable number.  I'm really excited about these but my son doesn't know his class is The Lucky Recipient of these adorable favors.  

He knows his class is the recipient,  but he's not feeling so Lucky. 

The boy would rather we just throw some candy in a plastic egg and be done with it. 

Hurmph.  Plastic eggs.  :roll eyes:

1 comment: