Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day Five: Stemware Cleaning for the Clumsy

Stemware.

I like the word:  stemware.  If I designed a line of body-slimming garments I would call them "Stemwear".

I do not, however, call the fancy glasses we drink wine out of "stemware" like Martha.  I call it "disposable" due to the frequency with which it breaks while cleaning.  Apparently I dry too vigorously.    I break our fancy wine glasses with such frequency that my husband has forbidden me from cleaning them.  He washes them all.  (Clumsy hands, or clever ploy?  You decide.)

After the Winner Dinner last night we had a fair number of wine glasses next to the sink this morning.  I had rinsed them last night because I read somewhere that Martha says you should rinse the dregs from your glasses if you can't wash them immediately.  Done.  But they needed to be washed and stored.  My husband has embraced this blog with such enthusiasm that when he saw the glasses this morning, he immediately suggested that washing the glasses be one of my "Marthas".

Fast-forward to the end of this chore:

I managed somehow to clean all the glasses and store them safely in the cabinet, (Hurrah!) but without much help from dear Martha, who said nothing about how to protect your stemware from your clumsy wife drying too vigorously.  With no guidance from the guru, I just imagined the ridicule I was going to endure from my husband if I broke one more glass.  And when the glasses were put away safely, I did a little victory dance in my kitchen.

I'll be using the stemware more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment