Friday, March 23, 2012

Day Seventeen: Kicking the (Easter) Bucket

Open letter to my niece Ellie:


Dear Ellie,

I'm so excited to have you and your two sisters visit at Easter.  Since you'll be flying across the country to see us, don't worry about bringing your Easter Basket with you.  I'll have one of these little Easter Buckets for you and the other (seven) kiddos who will be with us for Easter Brunch.  Won't that be fun?

We can use these cute buckets to hold the eggs that your mom the Easter Bunny hides.  

So you'll feel special, I'm putting your names on all the buckets.


I had a little trouble getting the name tags to stick, so I hope you won't mind if a little extra glue is sticking out.

In fact, I had a lot of trouble getting the tags to stick to the stupid metal buckets, so I had to use a rubber band to hold the tags on until the glue dried. 


And when the rubber bands kept breaking and snapping my fingers, I just thought of how much you'd better love your Easter Bucket.  That made it all worthwhile!

Some of that dumb silly glue accidentally got on those worthless rubber bands and the rubber bands stuck to the $%*#^@! metal cans!!  What a cursing fit laugh I had when that happened!

In the end, I hope your little bucket brings joy to your sweet little heart and you know it was made with much frustration love.


Your loving Aunt,

MRS


2 comments:

  1. I don't use LOL lightly but I LOLd at your letter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe...my little Ellie. I bet she loved that! What a fun idea...different glue situation might need to be employed though...

    ReplyDelete