Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day Nine: Friends Don't Let Friends Have Dirty Windows

A few weeks ago a kind friend shared the name of a window-cleaning company she recommended.  This fact alone would not be remarkable, but for the fact that the information was totally unsolicited by me.  The conversation went like this:

Me:    Hey, lady!  How's it going?

Her:    Great!  Been super busy...Listen, wanted to share with you the name of a window-cleaning company I just used.  They cleaned the windows inside and out and did a Super Job.

Me:    Er, thanks...I would love their number! 

Then I ran home to check my windows. 

I think she meant it innocently, but I started to wonder if my friend hadn't been staging an intervention. 

She was right to be concerned:  my windows were filthy.

Before:

Martha says you should clean your windows every Spring, so today was the day.  I hired someone to climb a 30 foot ladder to clean the outside (Mommy is afraid of heights!), but I cleaned the inside myself.

After:

Martha devotes five whole pages to the window cleaning process, but I will devote only five words: peer pressure isn't all bad. 

In fact, now that I am on the window-cleaning wagon, I think there is something we need to talk about....it's about your windows...

2 comments:

  1. :horrors: will not invite EB to the 'burbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just had our windows cleaned too! I did not, however, tackle the inside myself. Kudos to you, Martha.

    ReplyDelete