Friday, March 23, 2012

Day Sixteen: Mussels in White Wine and Garlic

My husband is so disappointed.  

I took on this Martha project and I've barely cooked anything.  I think he was hoping that I'd be making gourmet meals every night. 

To placate him, I decided to make mussels tonight for dinner.  That's fancy, right?


My son also thinks it's the height of cool that he can use an empty mussel shell as a claw to eat the other mussels.  Try this at home,  kids love it.

I used this Mussels recipe.  It's truly genius because most of the ingredients you probably have in your pantry (no, really) and there are only three steps.

One of the three steps is actually: clean the mussels.

:duh:

Shallots and garlic in the white wine:

Chopped herbs:

My five-year-old son using an empty mussel shell as a claw to pinch mussels from their shells.



Finished product with half-empty wine glass.


Sorry to report that there was no embarrassing hilarity that ensued today...even my kids were low-key.  I'm wondering if the wine in the mussels had something to do with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment