Friday, March 9, 2012

Day Three: Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love a good chocolate chip cookie...A warm, soft cookie with lots of chocolate chips is the best thing this side of heaven. When the term "comfort food" was coined, they were thinking of such a cookie.

Now, don't waste your calories on those dry cookies you buy at the grocery.  And if you actually *make* cookies, don't be one of those people who let them sit in the oven all day.  Someone smarter than you invented a timer, use it.

I learned from Martha a long time ago that the key to a fab cookie is to not overcook it.  Think of it as a sweet filet mignon and take it out before it's well-done.  It should be medium, or medium-rare if you like a gooey cookie.

By my five-year-old son's request, I made chocolate chip cookies today.  Martha's Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies  are amazing. If Martha had named them Better Than Sex Chocolate Chip Cookies, she wouldn't have been overstating things. I was a devotee to Ina Garten's chocolate chip cookie, but I think I'm jumping ship. (Sorry, Ina. Still love you. :kiss kiss:)  These cookies bake for only 8 to 10 minutes and are still soft in the center when you take them from the oven.

Am going to try just one two. Any more and I might as well just tape them to my thighs.

No comments:

Post a Comment