Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day Seven: Cleaning Silver for Lazy People

All this organizing in the dining room led me to a shocking discovery:  my silver is in an atrocious state.



If you are like me, all that silver I inherited from my grandmother bought sits most of the year in a drawer waiting for an occasion special enough to haul it out.  

The main reason it doesn't get used?  It has to be hand-washed.  How lazy are we, ladies?  I'm here to report:  pretty lazy.

Revelation:  Your silver can be Put. In. The. Dishwasher.  

:cue Hallelujah chorus:

You heard it here first. 

Martha says you can put your silver in the dishwasher as long as you use a small amount of gentle detergent, never wash it with stainless steel, then turn off the dry cycle and remove and dry immediately to avoid water spots. (MS Homekeeping Handbook, p 166).





Perfectly clean via the dishwasher.  You are welcome.


2 comments: