Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day Forty Nine: Paper Flower Wreath or All I Needed to Know I Learned in Kindergarten

I was reading this feature by Martha on Paper flowers.  Sweet, but how whimsical would they be in patterned paper?  Maybe instead of another failed cherry tree arrangement, I'll try a wreath.  It would be perfect for my garden party in a few weeks.  Maybe I'll make two.  And, I have some paper leftover from another project that I can use...

Channel your inner kindergartener and fold and cut the paper. You will probably have flashbacks of making paper snowflakes.  But this time, little Colin Smith won't put gum in your hair. 

Repeat about five hundred twenty times:

I cut the center out of a cardboard circle to form this "wreath".  The cardboard circle was recycled from a frozen pizza and wrapped in paper leftover from the bunny boxes.  (Yes, a frozen pizza.  Don't tell Martha.)

Flowers placed on wreath:

I hot-glued my flowers on the wreath and hung it on our gate:

It looks super cute in person:  all the patterns make it fun.  They almost look like little butterflies.


I'd like to thank Mrs. Barry, my Kindergarten teacher, for showing me how to make paper snowflakes...and thanks to the frozen pizza peeps for including the cardboard with the pizza.  It was clutch.

And to little Colin Smith, I haven't forgiven you for the gum.

1 comment:

  1. Very extremely cute! Colin Smith is probably serving time in the hoosegow right now...

    ReplyDelete