Monday, April 30, 2012

Day Fifty Four: Wine, Dine and Dance

I love red wine.  I don't care that it will stain every surface, including your teeth, carpet and clothes, I'm going to serve it at a party.  One of the consequences of this attitude is that I often end up cleaning red wine stains from my carpet and clothes.  

After our Progressive Pedal Party on Saturday, I had a red wine stain to remove from my pants.  The cause of the spill was an enthusiastic dance partner who bumped into me :looking at you J.H.:, thereby spilling my wine on my pants. 

My very white pants.

Thankfully I have Martha on my side.  I already told you about her stain removal guide and how to be a Stain Houdini, but I think red wine deserves its own post.  

Martha has a litany of stain-removing techniques for my favorite grape beverage, but I think the best way to remove red wine stains from clothes is this: soak the spot with alcohol and flush with white wine vinegar.  It's like your own little miracle, especially when the stain is on a pair of white pants. 

Stained white pedal pushers:  (Get it?  Pedal pushers for a pedal party??) 

White pedal pushers after using Martha's technique.

Thanks to Martha, I won't have to give up drinking red wine, dancing, or doing both simultaneously.

1 comment: