Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day Forty Two: Sirloin of Asparagus or Blame It On the Rain

Today it rained. And rained. And rained.

It rained so much I started to wonder if I could hail Noah from my porch.

Because of the rain I did not go to the grocery.  Correction:  I *did* go to the grocery, but lost enthusiasm/ momentum/ large enough umbrella, and decided not to brave the storm.  Since I did not go to the grocery, I did not buy the items I needed to make the yummy dish I was going to make today.

And that is why I am staring into my refrigerator trying to figure out what's for dinner. Or, more specifically, what Martha recipe I'm going to make for dinner.

So here's what I've found:  a couple of sirloin steaks, salad greens, asparagus, two cucumbers, three eggs, and a bunch of leftovers from Easter.  (Note to self: review Martha's guidelines on stored food).

After a little online research, I've figured I can make Martha's Grilled Sirloin Steak with Herbs and Roasted Asparagus.  My husband says this doesn't count for two separate days/entries, so consider this your double-helping.

One of the sirloins with herbs:

Sorry, I forgot to take a "before" photo of the asparagus. :kicking self:

Completed sirloin and asparagus with a large glass of wine. (Mommy's had a tough day.)

Both recipes are absurdly simple, very good, and if you can get your husband/significant other/ personal slave to grill the steaks, you'll have plenty of time to finish that glass of wine.

That was so easy, I couldn't mess it up if I tried. And if I did, I'm blaming it on the rain...

No comments:

Post a Comment