Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day Twenty Eight: RIP Cherry Blossom Branches...

I need a new centerpiece.
I have guests arriving tomorrow and I just can’t pretend that the cherry blossom branches are doing the job anymore. 
I’ve done my penance for the massacre that I inflicted upon those poor, innocent branches.  I’m a reformed person and I promise never to slaughter lovely cherry blossoms again (this year).   
May you rest in peace Cherry Blossom Branches. 
:moment of silence:
Now that I’m out of mourning, I’m thinking I need something happy and cheerful.....yellow! The store only had yellow lilies and tulips so that made the decision easy.




I want to make two arrangements....so they can be separated and moved to our long table at Easter.  That way each end of the table can enjoy some flower-love.

Martha suggests you use tape to support top-heavy flowers in an arrangement.  She also suggests some special care for tulips, which actually grow after they’ve been cut. (As if flower arranging wasn’t hard enough, the flowers have to go and grow after they’ve been placed.)
  
In the process:

This is the result:




As you can see, with one arrangement I sort of stuffed the flowers through the tape and the stems are somewhat...ahem...haphazard.  In the other, I took a little more care with how I inserted the flowers and the stems are nice and neat.   

I’d be pretty satisfied with the way both arrangements turned out IF they looked anything alike.  Apparently I failed simple division in grammar school.  I thought I had divided the flowers evenly, but evidently I was more generous with one group than the other.   :confused look on face:
I can’t complain, though.  These arrangements are a vast improvement from the cherry branches of death.   
May they Rest In Peace and all that.

1 comment:

  1. Beautimous! I actually prefer the haphazard stem arrangement. :whatdoesthatsayaboutme:

    ReplyDelete