Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day Forty Eight: I'm Down With That

As I may have mentioned a few (hundred) times before, I have several kids. When we check on them before bed, they are sometimes turned completely around in the bed, toes on pillows, or sometimes curled up on a pillow like a puppy on a dog bed.

I believe this nocturnal activity is the culprit of my discovery this morning:  a sort of...damp...pillow.  I'm not sure if it has been drooled on or if someone didn't make it to the bathroom.

I'm fairly baffled.

What to do?  I think the pillow should be cleaned but it's a down-feather pillow.  I can't wash it, right?

:runs to check Martha:

Martha says I can!  Hurrah!  I thought I was going to have to toss it.

In Martha's Homekeeping book, she says you can wash down either by hand or in your front-loading washer. After it's clean, you can throw it in the dryer on low heat for a few hours until it's dry.  Check out Homekeeping, p. 387-388 for more info.

Now my pillow is clean...of whatever was on it.

I would post photos, but there's not much to see...except my relieved face.

Whew.

1 comment:

  1. Silver in the dishwasher?? Down pillows in the front load?? Your blog is entertaining *and* informative.

    ReplyDelete