Friday, April 27, 2012

Day FIfty One: Brazilian Fish Stew

Every year my son's school has an International Day.  Each class chooses a country, learns about it, then performs a skit, song or dance representative of that country.  The presentation ends with a pot-luck luncheon.  The catch: the dish you bring must be from the country your child's class chose.

This year my son's class chose Brazil.  I could not name one dish from Brazil if my life depended on it.  Luckily, I have Martha.  She has an interesting recipe for Brazilian Fish Stew.  

If you are feeling crazy, and want to try an exotic recipe, make this stew.  It will make your kitchen smell like heaven and impress anyone. Your guests will think you are daring, sexy and well-traveled.  If not, mention something about that time you danced at Carnival and that should do it.

 The stew was a big hit at lunch, and best of all, was easy to make.

Peppers and onions sautéing: 

Add seafood stock, coconut milk and fish:

The finished product is pink and spicy.

In case you were wondering, my son played the bongos while twenty little five-year old girls danced around like Carmen Miranda.

No comments:

Post a Comment