Monday, April 30, 2012

Day Fifty Five: Taco-vers

We had some beef leftover from our party on Saturday, so instead of letting it go to waste, I decided to make tacos with the meat. You may remember that my husband is anti-leftovers, which makes the subterfuge necessary.

I used one of Martha's recipes for something she calls "Taco Filling". I find this name as odd as the photo of it, which is three tupperware containers stacked on one another with some brown stuff inside.  This is the actual photo:

I am assuming this recipe was part of a feature on foods that freeze well, because if not, Martha probably fired the editor who decided to publish this photo.

But back to my tacos.

Despite the odd name, this recipe made some pretty good tacos.  If you usually use one of those packages of taco seasoning, let me save you a lot of trouble:  this recipe, which took me at least forty minutes to make, tastes really similar to the package stuff.   That being said, if you have forty minutes to spare, go for it.  I've always wondered what went in those taco seasoning packages.  But now that I know, I'd like my forty minutes back, please.

Chopped brisket:

Brisket with Martha's spices:

Completed "taco filling" on flour tortilla:

My husband really liked these tacos.  He has been known to put ketchup on his tacos, however, so I can't really call that a ringing endorsement.

At least there are no leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment