Friday, December 14, 2012

Day Two Hundred Seventy-Seven: Caramel-Nut Bars

Last Saturday my husband and I took our kids to street festival in our neighborhood.  Our final destination is always a friend's house, where we partake in food and libations.  To add to the fun, I brought Martha's Caramel-Nut Bars.  These bars have a buttery crust with a caramel and nut layer on top.


I wish I could say that mine turned out perfectly. While a small part of the pan turned out quite nicely, the other 90% was something like the inside of a snicker bar:  all nuts and gooey caramel.


Not that nuts and gooey caramel is a bad thing, necessarily...it's just that I'm pretty sure these bars are not meant to ooze once they've been cut.

So I showed up to the party with about seven nut bars.  What a contribution.  Party on.

No comments:

Post a Comment