Monday, December 31, 2012

Day Two Hundred Ninety One: Chocolate-Pistachio Cookies

On the Saturday before Christmas I found Martha's recipe for Chocolate-Pistachio Cookies.  They are such a pretty cookie I couldn't resist.   I rushed out an bought the ingredients.  Unfortunately I was unable to rush home as everyone in town was also at the grocery store.

What I didn't realize is that these are very labor-intensive cookies.  To start, I made the cookie from a pistachio paste that I made by grinding pistachios in my handy food processor. After I baked the cookies, I made a chocolate filling and piped it onto half the cookies.  I topped the filling with the remaining cookies to make little chocolate-pistachio sandwiches.  After that chilled, I spooned a chocolate glaze over the top of each sandwich and garnished it with a pistachio nut.

Completed cookies:

Cooke sandwich:

I truly meant to give these away as a hostess gift, but my husband liked them so much he threatened to cut off my hand if I took them out of the house.

This blog would be rather difficult to type with only one hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment