Saturday, December 22, 2012

Day Two Hundred Eighty-Eight: Make Toffee, Not War

(To the tune of The Twelve Days of Christmas):

On the Fourth Day of Christmas, I made for my kids' teachers:  Martha's Chocolate Toffee....


Hmmm...I don't think that one will catch on.

Nevertheless, because the Chocolate-Hazelnut Toffee was so yummy, I made another batch of a similar toffee with pecans.  (Confession:  much of the Chocolate-Hazelnut Toffee was eaten by myself and my kids, and never made it into any teacher gift.  Thus the real reason for the second batch of toffee....)

I don't know why more people don't make toffee for Christmas gifts.  Forget the cookie exchange.  Make toffee.  This toffee is like those miniature candy bars you get at Halloween, only better and without a wrapper.

After it cooled, I put it directly into the teacher gifts and hid it from my kids.  I had a few pieces.  Just for quality control.

No comments:

Post a Comment