Saturday, December 22, 2012

Day Two Hundred Eighty-Nine: Candy Cane Mice

My kids are out of school for the holidays.  This means that for the next few weeks I am the Entertainment Director for my household.  On Thursday, I decided to make Martha's Candy Cane Mice with the kids.  Martha made hers with felt, but we used paper and a glue stick. I printed out the template and helped the kids trace it onto the paper.  They cut out the pieces and assembled with my help.  

Aren't they cute?  We cut out so many Cinderella would have been jealous.

In the end, there were small pieces of paper everywhere.  My daughter had a piece glued to her face.  But, they had more fun playing with these little mice than should be legal.  And they ate the candy canes.  A toy that's also a sweet treat?  Santa was listening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment