Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day Two Hundred Fifty-Six: Butternut Squash Soup

A few days ago I bought some butternut squash at the grocery.  It was already cut into little one-inch squares and it called to me from across the produce section:  Look at me!  I'm so bright and orange!

When I got it home, however, the package hid in the back of my refrigerator for days.  Saturday I rescued it from the back of the refrigerator and made Martha's Pureed Butternut Squash Soup.  Out of all the butternut squash soup recipes I've seen, this one is the simplest.  (Read: I didn't have to make a special trip to the grocery for ingredients.)  Five ingredients, half an hour and you're done.  As you might expect from a recipe with only five ingredients, it's not super flavorful, so make sure and add lots of pepper.  I added some cayenne.

If you are generous, this soup is mighty fine.



I planned to eat a few bowls of this throughout the weekend, but my husband ate it all on Saturday.  True story.  I had only one bowl before the Soup Bandit found it.

It was obviously better than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment