Saturday, November 17, 2012

Day Two Hundred Fifty-Four: Yummy Goat Cheese-Stuffed Mushrooms

This week has been the Week of Appetizers.  I co-hosted a little party on Thursday night, so Thursday afternoon I made Martha's Goat Cheese-Stuffed Mushrooms.

Let me start by saying:  I love stuffed mushrooms.  Especially ones that are stuffed with cheese. So I jumped at the opportunity to try these.  But when I read the recipe, I was pretty sure the whole stuffing-of-the-mushroom part was going to be tedious and time-consuming.  I mean, you have to spoon cheese into each mushroom.  Then roll them each in breadcrumbs.

Shocker:  I made about seventy-five of these puppies in less than an hour.  


After I made them, I put them in the refrigerator until I was ready to throw them in the oven.  Warm them for about twenty minutes and you have a delicious appetizer.  Forgive the photo below.  My camera wasn't handy so I took this one with my trusty phone, just prior to serving:

I thought these were delicious...and I know our guests did as well.  I caught several people going back for seconds..and thirds.  (Yes, I saw that.) If you come to my house for the holidays you will definitely get the chance to try these. They are just too easy and good to make only once.  :no brainer:

No comments:

Post a Comment