Wednesday, July 25, 2012

One Hundred Thirty Nine: Missing Cranberry Cereal Bars

I am intrigued by the idea of "no-bake cookies".   Imagine:  Cookies!  Without an oven!  That just screams: "No Burn Guarantee" to me.        
                                             
I decided to try Martha's No-Bake Cranberry-Oat Cereal Bars.  They look sort of like Rice Crispy Treats but with dried cranberries and different cereal.  To be fair, you do have to melt the marshmallows in a saucepan.  Since that doesn't involve an oven it's technically "cooking", not "baking".

False advertising?  :you decide:


The cereal bars turned out really well, although I had to use raisins instead of dried cranberries because my dried cranberries disappeared somewhere between the grocery bag and my pantry.  I'll be posting an Amber Alert.)  The recipe makes 24 bars, so you'll want to share with friends or have cereal bars ad nauseam.

Let me know if you see my cranberries.  They are red, wrinkled and in a small-ish plastic bag.  Last seen with a paper grocery bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment