Monday, July 23, 2012

Day One Hundred Thirty Eight: Kung Fu Cookies

My son has recently started taking karate lessons.  I can thank his interest in All Things Martial Arts to the movie Kung Fu Panda.  If you've never seen it, here's the run-down:  it's about a Panda who learns kung fu.

No really. That's about it.  The title pretty much sums it up.

When my son spotted the photo of Martha's Vanilla Chocolate Wafers from across the room, he shouted "Kung Fu Panda!!!" and hurled himself over the couch for a better look.  (If you bother with the above link, you will see that the cookies look something like a ying-yang symbol, which is symbolic in the sequel Kung Fu Panda II, which is about a Panda who learns more Kung Fu.)

Plot lines aside, my son begged me to make these cookies and since I didn't want to listen to him nag live to make him happy, I started mixing.    


I enjoyed these cookies about as much as I enjoyed Kung Fu Panda, which is to say, one experience was enough.  I don't want to eat them again.  My son, however, loved these cookies.  Of course, if I told him a Brussels sprout looked like a Martial-Arts-perfoming Panda, he would would want to eat one of those too.

:lightbulb:

That's actually not a bad idea....

No comments:

Post a Comment