Friday, July 27, 2012

Day One Hundred Forty: Not For Your Sweet Tooth Cookies

After those misleading no-bake cookies, I decided to try Icebox Cookies. These types of cookies involve rolling the dough into logs, chilling it, then slicing it into rounds.  If you like your cookies to be perfectly round, then these cookies are for you. :perfectionists anonymous:

I chose to try Martha's Rosemary-Butter Cookies because they sounded interesting...and because I get to use some rosemary from my garden.  I know what you are thinking:  Rosemary in a cookie, eh?  Martha, you daring devil, you.

The recipe is straight-forward enough.  Despite that fact, I still managed to burn the first batch of cookies:

Still not sure how that happened...because the second batch turned out as perfect as Kate Middleton's blowout:

These are really....interesting cookies.  They are sweet and salty.  I have to admit they are rather good, but nothing to satisfy your sweet tooth.  And isn't that why Martha invented cookies?

No comments:

Post a Comment