Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day One Twenty One: Summertime and the Livin' is Lazy

I have a Summer Cooking Philosophy:  Avoid the oven.  And the stove.  Actually, we try to grill outside as much as possible.  Cooking outside has two distinct advantages to cooking inside:   1)  The kitchen stays clean, and 2) since my husband is our resident Grill Master, he does most of the cooking.

Shameless, I know.

Unfortunately, we can't cook everything outside. So, I'm always looking for good no-cook recipes, especially for side dishes.  So when I came across Martha's Tomato, Corn and Avocado Salad, I had to try it.  If you share my Summertime Cooking Philosophy, or you're just lazy, hop on down to the grocery and pick up the short list of ingredients.  When you get home, whip out a knife and you're a few slices away from a salad that's not only deliciously easy but also impressive enough for guests.

Try. This. Salad.  It's too easy to pass up.  You don't even have to cook the corn.  It's eaten raw.


Gorgeous, isn't it?  :sigh:

No comments:

Post a Comment