Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day Two Hundred Fifty-Eight: Thanksgiving Turkey Napkins

We are headed out-of-town for Thanksgiving.  My husband's sweet sister is hosting so she'll be the one  slaving in the kitchen all day.  Frankly I feel a little useless.  And since I'm traveling across the country on Thanksgiving day, I can't even offer to bring anything.

Maybe I could fit a small bag of salad inside my carry-on.  

Just to get into the spirit of things though, I decided to try Martha's Turkey Napkin Fold.   It's a napkin! Shaped like a turkey!  How cute is that?  It's also pretty simple.  Don't get too excited though, and start planning your Thanksgiving table.

Each turkey takes three napkins to make.  So that's only 24 napkins for a table of eight people.

Not ridiculous at all.

Let me add that Martha's napkin fold looks like an anatomically correct bird.  Mine is more of an artistic representation:  

Thank goodness I'm not hosting Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you're all flying on Tgiving Day. :no comment on the napkins:
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Mandi. I'm a huge disappointment to many. Get in line behind my mother.
    Have a great Thanksgiving with The Gimp, et al.

    ReplyDelete