Friday, November 30, 2012

Day Two Hundred and Sixty-Five: Prune Before You Trim

On Monday my husband and I took our kids to the nursery to choose Christmas trees.  We purchased five.  (Three of them are very small, so they almost don't count.)  After reading Martha's Tree Trimming Secrets, I was a little nervous to attempt one step:  pruning.  Martha suggests you prune out the excess branches on some trees to allow more room for ornaments.  The lighter branches are the ones she suggests removing.
I started at the top of our largest tree.

Allow me to make a few observations:

1)  It took about an hour to judiciously trim my tree to allow more room for ornaments.

2)  Since I so nervous about cutting anything, I trimmed maybe four (tiny) branches from the entire tree.

3)  In retrospect, I should have started at the bottom where any errors could have been easily hidden.

4) A large bow works wonders.


No comments:

Post a Comment