Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day Two Hundred Sixty-One: Hostess Gift for House Guests

Thanksgiving.  What a fun day.  I had the good fortune of getting up before dawn to pack my suitcases, drag my children out of bed and fight the other holiday revelers to the airport on one of the busiest travel days of the year.

Yay!

Actually, the airport was pretty quiet at 6 a.m., so I can't complain too much. (But if you want to feel sorry for me, I will accept your sympathy.  I'm sure you were still snug in your warm bed at 6 a.m.)

We spent Thanksgiving and the following weekend with my lovely sister-in-law and her adorable family.  As a thank you for having my family invade her house for the weekend, I brought her a little hostess gift.  Martha suggests giving your hosts a Breakfast Kit complete with coffee, jam and a simple muffin mix.  It's a nice alternative to a bottle of wine and perfect for a weekend stay.  Since my hosts are not coffee people (and because I had limited space in my bag) I chose this little package of pumpkin bread mix and pecan-pumpkin butter.  The pumpkin bread is simple to make and will surely make a nice breakfast after the house is empty...


...And hopefully ensure that I receive another invitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment