Monday, April 23, 2012

Day Forty Seven: Second-Life Salmon

I believe in re-incarnation...Of food, at least.  I like a good leftover, but I can hardly get my husband to eat anything twice.  I sometimes wonder if his mother didn't force-feed him leftovers as a child.  Now he has an aversion.  Whatever the cause, I'm afraid of him starting a grass-roots campaign at our house. Then my kids will stop eating leftovers too.  Soon you'll start hearing about leftover-revolts all over the nation.

I think that's how the French Revolution started.

Or something like that.

When the salmon from the other night was just mediocre, I knew I'd have to be sneaky about the leftovers. So I reinvented the salmon filets by making Martha's Salmon Cakes.

Leftover "eh" salmon:

Salmon mixed up with a couple eggs and a bunch of other stuff:

Made into a patty...

Completed salmon cake served with zucchini and squash:

These were a vast improvement from the original salmon filets, but since I ate them both myself, I can't tell you if my husband approved.  Obviously, I thought they were delicious.

And I think the Dalai Lama would approve too.

No comments:

Post a Comment