Friday, April 27, 2012

Day Fifty Two: Pedal Party Napkins

Tomorrow I'm hosting a progressive dinner.  Specifically, I'm hosting the main-dish course of a three-course progressive dinner.  Between courses myself and thirty-nine of my friends are going to cruise around our historic neighborhood on a couple of these:


It's a progressive pedal party.  Yes, it's a very large tandem bike with a bar in the middle.  No, this was not my idea.

The evening should be interesting, to say the least.

So today I set up the tables for the main course.  We are serving dinner buffet-style, but I wanted to set the table with glasses and utensils beforehand.  Martha has some very fancy napkin folds, but I just chose a simple napkin fold that would incorporate the utensils.

Forty napkins:

Start with a flat napkin:

Fold in half:

Then fold in half again:

Fold down one edge:

Flip over napkin and fold back edges to create a little pocket:


Pocket completed:

Do's and Don'ts:

Do:  Immediately put utensils in the little pocket.
Do:  Fold these napkins inside.

Don't:  Sit outside enjoying the nice weather while completing this chore.
Don't:  Fold approximately half of these napkins, fail to put the utensils inside, then be surprised when the entire pile blows away in the first strong wind.

And this is why the last photo is taken inside.

More about the Progressive Pedal Party tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment