Monday, August 27, 2012

Day One Hundred Seventy Two: Pork, Pork, and More Pork Ribs

After a week of back-to-school madness, I was ready to enjoy a boring Saturday at home.  My husband was in the mood for Asian food, so he suggested we try Martha's Asian-Style Baby Back Ribs and Pork Fried Rice.  So we packed up the kids and headed off to the grocery for ingredients.

When we returned from the grocery with our three hungry children, seventeen bags of groceries, a few (new) gray hairs and my patience in shreds, my husband bothered to read the rib recipe.  Even though he had chosen both recipes, he protested that the recipe was flawed because the ribs are boiled in water before being broiled in the oven.  I pointed out that we were eating two dishes with pork as the main ingredient, so our menu had deeper problems.  :Oink Oink:

Either way, I wasn't heading back to the grocery for new ingredients for all the plastic surgery in California.

After subjecting those poor ribs to an ill-advised bath, and letting them cook under the (dreaded) broiler, our family sat down to a weeks worth of pork nice Asian meal.  As predicted, the ribs were tough.  I'm not a huge fan of fried rice, but I managed to choke down a few mouthfuls.  My husband complained about the tough ribs, but finished a whole rack by himself.  He raved about the fried rice and compared it to a rice omelet, which may have put me off omelets forever.  


Pork Fest 2012.   First and last year ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment