Monday, March 4, 2013

Day Three Hundred Sixty One: Irresistible Fruit Tart

I've mentioned before that I love making tarts. Martha's Fruit Tart is one of the first I ever made.  It's delicious, simple and best of all:  looks like you bought it at a fancy bakery.

Martha has her own crust recipe that's very good, but you can use a store bought crust if you're short for time.  Your guests probably won't notice and I promise not to tell a soul.

Either way, fill the pie tin with weights or dried beans and bake until the edges turn golden brown.  Meanwhile make the filling, which is a mixture of whipped heavy cream and a rich pastry cream. (Confession: I have been known to use a pie filling from a jar in a pinch.)  Make a glaze by warming a seedless jelly in a saucepan and stirring until smooth.

Spoon the pastry cream or pie filling into the cooked tart.  Top with berries. Brush with the glaze if you want the tart to have that shiny wet look.


It's irresistible and people always want to know where I bought it.

As if.

No comments:

Post a Comment