Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day One Hundred Seven: Orange-You-Glad-You-Made-This Scrub

I wanted to go to a spa for my vacation, but since I had to take my three kids along (and most spa-guests don't think screaming children are relaxing), we went to the beach instead.  This means I had to bring the spa to me.  

To that end, today I made Martha's Orange-Jasmine Scrub.  It's simple, meant to be used at the beach, and smells like you just walked into a grove of orange trees...Or like you just juiced a couple hundred oranges.  At any rate, add a few drops of sweet orange and jasmine essential oils to a jar of sea salts, add a few drops of oil and two handfuls of very wet sand.  Sitting at the water's edge, scrub your arms and legs, paying special attention to rough spots. Rinse your body clean in the waves.  

My girlfriend and I tried this out today.  I don't know if it was the smell of oranges or my adorable friend, but my son was drawn to the process.  He took over scrubbing my friend's feet (and legs!).  My son was doing such a thorough job, I began to joke with my friend's husband that perhaps my son was working an angle on his wife.  It was mildly shocking.  My son finally ran out of scrub, requested more from me (request denied) and quickly became bored of us old ladies.    

Son hard at work:

This scrub smells clean (and a little provocative, dare I say it). I'm glad I made a large batch because I will be using it again.

Maybe this time mommy can get a little attention. :choppedliver:

No comments:

Post a Comment