Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day Three Hundred Forty Eight: Nutty About Chocolate

On Monday I made Martha's Dark Chocolate Nut Clusters to include in my birthday favor bags.  They are a handful of almonds held together with rich, dark chocolate.  Sweet and salty. Perfect for late-night snacking.

First you melt the chocolate in a double boiler.  I'd like to point out that I followed the chocolate-melting guidelines and my chocolate melted beautifully.

Ta-da!

(Note:  I was so excited the chocolate melted correctly, I did a little dance for the stovetop.)

To make the nut clusters, just drop a few teaspoons of this yummy chocolate on a non-stick surface.  Drop a few almonds on the chocolate base and finish by drizzling with more chocolate on top.  Put in the refrigerator to harden.


The result is not only pretty, but so good, you'll find them hard to keep out of your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment