Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day Three Hundred Forty: Breaking My Heart

I volunteered to make a Valentine's Day treat for my kids' classes and so over the weekend I tried a recipe I was sure would be a hit with the under-three crowd:  Martha's Meringue Hearts.

I have had such success with meringue that it has truly become one of my most favorite desserts.  It can be cake!  It can be frosting!  What's not to love?  

With this recipe I made a basic meringue, tinted it with pink, then piped hearts onto a baking sheet.  I let my kids sprinkle the cookies with heart-shaped sprinkles and following the recipe, set to bake...for two and a half hours.


Unfortunately that seemed to be about half an hour too long. Because while my cookies looked great, they tasted a little burnt.  I tossed the entire batch.

What a heart-breaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment