Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day One Hundred Ninety Seven: Sayonara, Summer

Dear Summer,

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.  The weather is starting to cool and I'm more than ready to see you go.  I'm ready to welcome my old friend Autumn.  You're great, Summer, really...but I've had enough of your hot days and humid weather.  I have boots in my closet that are missing me.

It's not you, it's me.

Yes, I bought a bunch of gourds and pumpkins yesterday.  And some bittersweet branches.  I made Martha's Fall Centerpiece and (I don't mean to rub it in) I love it.  I even threw in some antlers my friend Ed found in the woods.





I do hope you'll come back to visit....next year when my thighs are pasty-white, and my sandals and linen dresses are calling my name...I'll be happy to see you.

Until then, so long, Summer.

xo

MRS

No comments:

Post a Comment