Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day Three Hundred Twenty: Another Big Fish Story

My brother likes to fish.  As a consequence, I am sometimes the lucky recipient of some amazing fresh fish.  Since most of his angling is of the deep-sea variety, I end up with some rather large fish.  Recently he gave me some whole tuna, the circumference of which was about the size of my thigh, (which for perspective bears no resemblance to Gisele's thighs).

In other words, these were some huge tuna.  After cutting about seven tuna steaks, this piece was still left:


With all the tuna we decided to try Martha's Spicy Hoisin Marinade with some of it.  It's a nice Asian-inspired marinade and had pretty good flavor. (Martha says you can use this marinade for any kind of meat.  I think it would be great with beef.)  After the tuna marinated, my husband cooked the steaks on the grill.  It was a nice change of pace from plain ole' tuna with S & P.


Even after cooking these steaks for our family, we still had more tuna than an army could eat in a week.

Two words:  Tuna. Leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment