Monday, December 31, 2012

Day Two Hundred Ninety-Two: Easy Asparagus Quiche

I love quiche.  It's great for breakfast.  It's chic for lunch. It can be served at room temperature and makes a gorgeous presentation. And (if you aren't convinced), it's ridiculously easy to make.

Really, how many dishes can say that?

If I'm expecting a holiday drop-in from a friend, I like to have a quiche handy.  Sunday I made Martha's Asparagus, Leek, and Gruyere Quiche.  If you use a frozen pie crust (I promise I won't tell), all you have to do is cook the veggies, spread them onto the pie crust, then top with a mixture of egg and half-and-half. Cook for about an hour and you have this:

I served mine with a spinach salad for lunch:

I told my kids this was pie and they totally bought it...until they grew suspicious:  why is mommy serving "dessert" first?

No comments:

Post a Comment